Bike It Plus aims to increase levels of cycling to school through tailored assistance and activities, to meet each schools needs, and create a pro-cycling culture. Bike It Officers (BIOs) work with pupils, staff, parents and the wider community to achieve:
– sustained increase in the number of children and young people (and parents) cycling to school;
– reduction in the use of private motor vehicles to take children and young people to school;
– provide children and young people with cycling skills for life.
Bike It Plus is funded by Transport for London and your Local Authority and delivered by Sustrans in partnership with your Local Authority.
- Increase in physical activity among school community
- Contributes to Healthy Schools, Eco-schools
- Link cycling in to all aspects of the curriculum
- Pupils feeling more alert and more able to concentrate in class
- Helps implement actions in your school travel plan
- Contributes to the TfL STARS programme